Sunday, September 6, 2009

I'm Home!

Thank you for all you prayers and support. The Lord is faithful and good. His mercy never fails. It is by His grace that I am now home and that I'm still alive.

I almost couldn't get out of the country...
When I went to the Ecuadorian Embassy back in June to extend my visa. No one told me that all tourist-visa holders have to obtain a citizen's card. All Ecuadorians have a citizen's card and i guess you are considered a citizen if you are there with a visa. But for those people, they can't do anything without their card. They can't open bank accounts, they can't apply for loans, they can't even leave the country.

So the customs official would not let me through.

I went back, very mad, to the delta counter and asked them to unload my bags from the plane and cancel my flight. I was gonna have to go to the office of foreign affairs the next day, pay a fine to get my citizen's card, then pay another fine to reschedule my flight. We're talkin hundreds of dolars.

The lady at the counter made sure my bags were unloaded and canceled my flight and all my connecting flights and she tore up my ticket. During this time I was prayin hard and askin the Lord "What am I gonna do?"

Then as I was beginning to walk out of the airport, the same customs official along with another official (maybe his boss) saw me and waved for me to come back up to customs. I quickly ran back up the stairs.

He asked for my passport again and told me, "We will let you through."

My jaw dropped.

He told me that if I already told the delta officials then i need to go back and undo what I had just done. I told him I'd be right back.

Arriving at the delta counter again in a hurried manner, I told the same lady: "they accepted me!"

Her jaw dropped too.
Shw said "The only thing is that I dont know if I can get your flights back because I cancelled everything, but I will try."

The next ten minutes were very intense for me. I prayed so hard for the Lord to get me back on my plane. I also was able to reflect on my entire trip and how good and faithful the Lord had been.
And the Lord hears our prayers I tell you!
After ten minutes had passed, after seeing many irritated expressions on the delta lady's face (as she was fighting with the system), she told one of her employees: "Get Kevin's bags back on that plane, cuz he's gonna fly today!"

Jesus is awesome! He is strong. All because of His grace.

Psalm 139:15-18
My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.
How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand.


Thank you Lord for your grace, that I am now home. I also thank you for all my friends and family. I pray that you bless them and be with them. May the true journey start now!


"The greatest mystery is not why He allows things to happen, it's:
'Why does He love us?'" John Mark Comer

"Peace is not the absence of violence,
It's confiance in Him in the presence of violence." Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment