Saturday, May 30, 2009

Update

Hey Everybody!

Sorry for it being a while since I last posted.

I'm still learning Spanish (thankfully) and teaching English. Their school year ends June 30th.

I've been learning so much since I arrived. Not just the language, but also about their culture and way of life. This is definitely a unique experience.

Here are the coordinates of the two schools that I volunteer at. They are both way out in the boonies. If you have Google Earth, you can plug them into the search bar and it will bring them right up:

This is where I'm at 4 days a week:
0°14'49.76"S
78°21'53.56"W
The buildings are a little hard to see and they look like little round huts.


This is where I am on Wednesdays. The three white buildings to the right of the red one are the 3 classrooms that I teach in:
0° 6'45.03"S
78°13'30.20"W

On my next blog, I will post about some more of my experiences here, as well as some cultural differences they have here.

Kevin

1 comment:

  1. Wow
    that's really cool!
    About how far apart are these two places because they look really far on Google Earth....

    ReplyDelete