Friday, May 1, 2009

Hola y tercer semana.

I have another cool opportunity. Next week I´m going to help out at another school teaching english. I'll be doing that every wednesday. The other days I´ll still be at the school in Tumbaco. But this other school, they said, will be working with "Semi-indegenous" people. I'm not exactly sure what that implies. But it sounds like a really cool opportunity!

I plugged in with a NPO called “Fundación Educativa Centro Del Amanecer” they have a branch called "Integra Ecuador" that works to aide the educational system in Ecuador. They even go out to areas with indegenous tribes! The people that I'll be working with are called "Chumillos." They live about 7- 10 mi east of El Quinche, Ecuador. It's on the furthermost outskirts of the Quito area just about bordering the Amazon, but it's high in the mountains. Most of the time, they live in the clouds. They said that it takes an hour by car, which probably means two hours by bus.

Because I speak English, the directors asked me to help them out more! I'm really excited for this.

So my schedule right now, as far as i know it is: (Until the end of June)

Mon: Help with Math at the school in tumbaco. Give private English lessons in the afternoon.

Tues: Teach English at the school in Tumbaco and give private lessons in the afternoon.\.

Wed: Teach English in Quinche (or about 10 miles to the east of quinche)

Thurs: Teach English at the school in Tumbaco and give private lessons in the afternoon.

Fri: Help with Math at the school in tumbaco.

When I have time during the week or weekends, I'll be translating and editing the content of their website.


It's such a blessing to have this opportunity. Thank you so much for you're prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment